Saturday 19 November 2005

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX9


Introducing.... my new digital camera.. the 6 Megapixels Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX9 with Mega OIS!! clap! clap! clap!

I bought it several weeks ago replacing my aged Olympus mju Zoom 105 film camera. Although the Olympus is still good but it is the time to change.

This is my first digital camera. I have read so many reviews about digital camera around the internet before I make some choices. Some of great sites about digital camera are:

And then I surfed www.flickr.com and www.fotopages.com to see some sample shots taken by any digital camera.

At last, here are my choices:

  1. Fujifilm FinePix F10
  2. Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX9
  3. Canon Ixus 750

Yes, my first choice was the Fujifilm FinePix F10 because of it's excellent pictures quality, but I cannot find it so I bought the FX9 instead. And I find that FX9 is also very good in picture quality, got OIS and many excellent functions.

FX9 got large 2.5in LCD screen with 207,000 pixels!! It is really fun to shot and see the picture immediately on the large screen.

The picture quality is excellent. The Mega OIS (Mega Optical Image Stabilizer) really helping the image shot. Even my 4 years old son can take a good picture with it! Another extra is the FX9 have 16:9 image ratio option where it is good for scenery photo.

The quality of video is also very good, even in low-light! The video taken in .mov format, so it will take so much space in the memory card. Fortunately, when I bought this camera I also bought 1GB SD Card so I have no problem in taking video.

At first I have some problem in converting mov to vcd (I have no DVD player). Include in the package is ArcSoft software where you could convert JPEG or MOV to vcd. Even it is very convenient but using this software, conversion form MOV to VCD will decrease the video quality tremendously! So I not using it. I use TMPGEnc to convert from MOV to MPG and then burn it to VCD by Nero. The vcd quality is as good as the original MOV. Visit http://www.videohelp.com/tmpgenc.htm for more help.

Here is a link to Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX9 manual.

As a conclusion, I am very happy with Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX9!! In this blog I use FX9 to take all photos except in this title where I use my wife's LG C3300 camera phone.

Here is the new and the old items of mine. The Nokia 8250, have served me well in these 3 years and still good but I am planning to get Sony Ericsson W800 or Nokia 6680/1, what say u?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...